Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Getting Ready for the First Harvest

IT'S FINALLY HERE!  The first harvest of the season!  Since this is my first year taking on the responsibility of running my own CSA, I've learned quite a bit about how much to freak out versus how much to let nature take care of her wards.  There really is a fine balance:  yes, I needed to resow beets; no, I shouldn't have worried so much about the peas- they're flowering despite my fears.

In an effort to give credit where credit is due, here are some photos of Niles and Dirk making boxes to load veggies into for weekly shares.  Below there is also a little peak at some of the glory to come later this summer.




Harvest day is Thursday.   I'll certainly post a little reminder that morning of when and where to meet me!

1 comment: